Monday, September 11, 2006

Seeing the Monk Again, Hitlers Clock And A Embarrassing But So Funny Tail

So I am currently back in bangkok but I am leaving for Laos tonight on the night train. Yesterday I went to see the monk again Chaiyawat. I went because my friends that I was traviling with wanted to meet him and get blessed for there journey home.
So we made our way out there and it of course was as always an amazing and very zen like experience. Along with a funny story involving Hitlers clock but I will get to that in a second. I took them down into the cave like entrance to meet Chaiyawat and much to my surprise he regognized me and motioned for us to sit down. I introduced my friends and told Chaiyawat that they would liked to get blessed for there trip home. We sat there talking to him for about 30 min and again like last time when my cab driver Noppon said something that touched my soul something was said again. This time though it was Chaiyawat who said it. He told my friends that I had a very good heart and honestly I could feel a couple of tears welling up. I have been told before that I have a good heart but to be told by a buddist monk that I have only met 3 times to say that meant alot.
We continued to talk after this and it was durring this time that the story about Hitlers clock came to light. Now I am not sure if Jaqui and Larry (ps congradulations Jaqui and Larry I wish I could of been there) remember this but he was pointing around to his clocks when he mentioned again that his favorite one was giving to him by a German couple. I had heard this story on each of my previous visits but then he continued the story. He went on to say that is used to be Hitlers clock. I find it so ironic that Hitlers clock would end up in a Buddist Temple in Thailand with a monk that loves clocks. I guess the clock like Hitler has alot of bad karma to work off.
Now on to the embarrassing but so funny tail. Now I am sure all of you have seen a bird that has flown into a glass window or door well that was me last night when I was trying to enter a photo shope to get some passport photos done. But unlike the bird which is often heard but not seen I had the pleasure of having both happen. And it happened in front of a restaraunt full of people on Khasan Rd. I am not sure who laughed more me or the people sitting in the restaraunt. Then when I went into the shop the thais that were working in there were trying to figure out what the noise was from and when I explained that it was me walking into their glass wall the laughter started all over again and if you don't know thais love to laugh. I think that we all laughed for about 5 min until tears were rolling down our faces. It was truely a hilarious experience.
Well that is about all the updates for now. I am heading off to Laos tonight via the night train so I am finally going to get out of Thailand and I am not planning on being back here for a while. I am planning on being in Laos for a month and then 2-3 days in the mountains of northern vietanam and then down to Ankor Wat for a couple of days and then its off to Nepal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home