Friday, September 15, 2006

Luang Prabang

I made it to Luang Prabang safe and sound and I am loving it here so far. I have a great room for $5 dollars a night with its own bathroom and hot shower. I met some israel's tonight and something interesting happened that I would not have thought of if I wasn't with them.
What happened was I was sitting there with 3 israle's just talking about traviling when a firecraker went off and they all came to instant attention and started looking around. One of them appoligized for there actions which I didn't find anything wrong with. She said that they are just so on edge now that even when they are on holiday they still jump at noises like that.
I am glad that I have not yet had to experience this side of life. It has made me once again appreciate where I get to live. Its amazing how it takes going aways to another country to once again appreciate your own country. Now if we can just get Bush out of the white house I might just want to come back again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home