Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Staying in Vang Vieng


I have decided to skip going to the 4000 islands on the Mekong Island in favor of staying here and moving out to the Organic Mulberry Farm and helping out there. As you can see from the pitcure how could I say no to these kids and the other 70 or more just like them. The kids every night after class say "are you comming tomorrow?" Then when you say yes they give you the biggest smiles and say "see you tomorrow sweet dream." Its just so hard to say no.

Helping out at the farm and the community center has been a wonderfull experience and I feel that my time is better spent here helping out these wonderful kids in learing english and telling them about the world. It is far more rewarding than any hammock could be on one of the 4000 islands. I think that I am going to stay here for maybe 1 more week and then I really have to get moving on to Vietnam and Cambodia.

I finally have my flight booked for Nepal so now (Oct. 27) I have a timeline to keep to. Its weird actually having a timeline again after a month of traviling by the seat of my pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home